- Location: Park Regis Birmingham
- Earnings: £8.70 to £9.41
Are you passionate about hospitality and delivering magic guest service?
This is something that all employees at Switch Hospitality Management have in common. It is their dedication to creating a home away from home atmosphere that keep our guests coming back to stay.
We believe that our employees are the key to magical guest service, for this we look for a candidate who shares our vision and looks for opportunities to provide magic service.
Our wide range of employee benefits and personalised training and development plans ensure that our team love where they work. These include a full benefits online platform, meals on duty, a pension plan, life insurance, magic treats, birthday celebrations and staff social events, plus many more.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Breakfast Chef to join our Kitchen Team.
As a Breakfast Chef, you will be required to master the art of versatility and inject some energy whilst completing a variety of duties.
To be responsible for the kitchen section you have been assigned to manage and oversee, ensuring high quality is constantly delivered in the time allocation provided. Ensuring there is breakfast food being prepared and cooked to replenish the buffet as needed but to also be conscious and responsible for limiting food wastage. To assist the Chef de Partie and Kitchen team in general in providing an effective service in all food outlets for external and internal customers.
The main duties expected within the role are:
- Understand of food costing, wastage control and food production with proven experience in managing these areas.
- Proactively suggest new ideals to the Head and Executive Chef that would increase kitchen profits and reputation.
- Assist in the running of taste panels and menu classes on a regular basis as set by the Executive Chef.
- Discuss food production problems through with the Executive Chef.
- Adhere to all food safety aspects advised in hotel HACCP plan.
- Ensure the Rotation of foods is continuously conducted and is in line with the Brand Standard and is compliant with legal and industry regulations.
- Ensuring you arrive on time for shift to allow plenty of time to prep and cook food ready for the first service of breakfast. Responsible for informing the Senior Sous Chef or Head Chef of your absence with plenty of notice if unable to attend shift.
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your speciality to a high standard and as instructed by the executive chef.
- Make sure production sheets (e.g. buffets etc.) are filled out and updated on a daily basis.
- Make sure all food items are sent to the correct area on time.
- Be able to work on other sections when needed and take part in cross training when directed.
- Follow the ‘Clean as you go’ policy and keep work areas and fridge’s tidy at all times, and have a supervisor check before you leave.
- Ensure HACCP sheets are updated and managed on a daily basis and signed off. Follow-up on any areas likely to fall short of full marks with the Executive Chef
- Liaise with restaurant manager, supervisors and waiting staff as necessary in order to achieve high guest satisfaction.
- Take on any other reasonable request made by hotel management.
- Fill out the appropriate cleaning charts, temperature charts etc. on a daily basis.
- Follow all kitchen regulations as outlined and directed.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Manual handling to include: pushing, pulling, and bending, upward reaching.
- To be presentable in appearance in line with company presentation, cleanliness and uniform standards.
- To participate in any training courses as required. Mandatory company courses must be attended.
- Ensure that during the time you are on duty you comply with company requirements in respect of personal conduct and behaviour.
We Evolve – You Evolve – We Grow Together
If the position of Breakfast Chef is the opportunity that you are looking for please apply with your CV. We request that this is in PDF format.