- Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
- Earnings: £10.00 to £10.00
Are you passionate about hospitality and delivering magic guest service?
This is something that all employees at Switch Hospitality Management have in common. It is their dedication to creating a home away from home atmosphere that keep our guests coming back to stay.
We believe that our employees are the key to magical guest service, for this we look for a candidate who shares our vision and looks for opportunities to provide magic service.
Our wide range of employee benefits and personalised training and development plans ensure that our team love where they work. These include a full benefits online platform, meals on duty, a pension plan, life insurance, magic treats, birthday celebrations and staff social events, plus many more.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Assistant to join our team.
As a Maintenance Assistant, you will be required to master the art of versatility and inject some energy whilst completing a variety of duties.
General Scope & Purpose:
Your role is to assist the Maintenance Manager to carry out planned preventative and reactive maintenance tasks correctly and efficiently ensuring a safe environment for guests, visitors and employees. You achieve this by responding swiftly and productively to all directions from Managers, ensuring high standards of guest courtesy and minimum operational disruption. Achieve guest satisfaction goals and ensure maintenance and security of hotel's physical assets. Perform preventive and regular maintenance and repairs to all areas of the hotel. Responsible for maintaining a clean and organised maintenance shop and for the security of hotel inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, furniture, fixtures, and equipment. To ensure all areas of the hotel and associated outlets are maintained and kept in good order in line with company standards and health and safety legislation. Assist in the physical operations of the hotel to ensure the total comfort and satisfaction of hotel guests.
- Carrying out short term (reactive) maintenance and decorating work e.g. repairs affecting guest bedrooms, public areas and services as a matter of urgency but adhering to all safety procedures whilst causing minimum disruption to guests/patrons.
- Respond to complaints/problems politely, positively and professionally making every effort to resolve them. If you cannot resolve them, referring them to your Manager, for support or an alternative solution.
- Be aware of the hotel security policy in place, along with hotel emergency procedures.
- Use, operate and store all tools, equipment, and materials including chemicals safely and securely to comply with statutory regulations e.g. COSHH and the company Health and Safety Policy. Furthermore, ensuring that all workshops, plant rooms and all other engineering areas are always clear from debris to ensure a clean working environment.
- Develop good working relationships with external contractors.
- Carry out checks of maintenance materials at least weekly, keeping stock levels to the minimum necessary to maintain continuity of service.
- To check outside areas of the hotel are tidy and free of litter, rubbish and safety hazards and action.
- To carry out proactive approach to maintaining the fabric of property, i.e painting and decorating schedule and maintenance contracts.
- To participate in any training courses as required. Mandatory company courses must be attended.
- Ensure that you comply with company requirements in respect of personal conduct and behaviour.
We are continually evolving, and our team do too, there is no red tape or corporate conflict with us!
We Evolve – You Evolve – We Grow Together
If the position of Maintenance Assistant is the opportunity that you are looking for please apply with your CV. We request that this is in PDF format.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.00 per hour